Sunday, November 12, 2017

counting down,,,


November 2017 

So, I am back to counting...After Mag's first died, I was counting the weeks and months she had been gone.  Now, as we approach the 1 year anniversary or her death, I am counting down to that day again...

I started planning for November 19, about 1 month ago.  I knew that Scott and I couldn't just wake up and go about my day like any other day.  I know we need to get out of here.  Then, I started worrying about Dan and MK.  What would they do and who would they be with that day?

Mk and I were the ones at home when Mag's died.  So I knew I couldn't be without my MK.  She and I need to be together.  I decided to take her to Wicked.  We are traveling to Cleveland to see our favorite musical!  For those who know me, know that I think Wicked is the story of Mags and MK.  Maggie is "Elphaba" because she is the "different one" and MK is "Glinda". Mary Kate was Maggie's voice, just like Glinda is for Elphaba.  It will be a day to make new memories.

Scott is going down to Oxford to spend the day with Dan. They plan on hiking for the day. I hope it is a good day.  I am a little nervous.  I am thankful it is not a workday.

Speaking of work.  I love teaching kindergarten! It's a lot easier going to work every day where there are happy little kids.  Literally, these kiddos are the reason I can get out of bed and function day to day.  There are days I feel so joyful, I look at Mag's picture, that sits behind my desk, and she gives me a little wink.

The Magpie Fund is up and running. We are still working on a location for our kickoff event.  In the meantime, you can donate by following this link https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/fairfieldcountyfoundation?code=website.  We will be hosting a trivia night in January or early February. Stay tuned.  Hope you were able to purchase our first official Magpie Fund t-shirt or sweatshirt. Mk designed the logo and we absolutely LOVE it!

John 23:34 "Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Remember to be thankful every day!  Take time to say "Thank You!". Be kind to one another and spread a little sparkle and sunshine wherever you go.

1 comment:

  1. Love your plans for that day. If more would realize that Love is the greatest gift HE gave us, that it gives us more strength than most realize - the world would truly be different.

    ReplyDelete

Where am I now?

 February 15, 2023   Interesting question.  It took me 6 years but I have finally found and joined a grief group.  Yep!  I don't really ...