Sunday, September 24, 2017

A Birthday Note To My Daughter


A Birthday Note to My Daughter

Seventeen years ago I looked upon your face and was overwhelmed.  Tears on the corners of my eyes, pride in my heart, care in my hands as I lifted you up and brought you home to my chest.  My little girl.  My baby Maggie.

You brought me joy.  You lifted my soul.  You were tough.  The toughest ever.  You were bold.  You were bright.  You were quiet but spoke with your beautiful blue eyes.  Oh those eyes.  They smiled.  They laughed.  They cried.  They knew.  They could pierce your daddy’s heart in an instant.  They brought comfort.  They brought peace.  They brought love.

Oh how I miss you.  Tears stream down my face.  My heart feels broken, life seems wrong, the flow of words just seem to stop.  Then I think of God and His promise.  I think of His love.  I think of the love He has for you.  I truly believe you are with Him.  Deep in His eternal embrace.  The care is now in His hands.  The loving embrace has brought you home next to His chest.

This past week has been hard and I can only imagine this week will be even harder.  I went hiking last week to clear my mind, think deeply about you and pray to God.  I know God heard my prayers.  He heard all I had to say.  He heard every word.  In the quiet, I heard His response.  He showed me the misty morning sun.  He showed me waterfalls and running water.  He showed me sunbeams of light peeking through the tree tops.  He showed me deep forest trees and falling leaves.  I could not help but think how beautiful this place is He has given us.  Then I remember where you are.  If there is such beauty here…imagine the beauty you see with God.

Yes, I still feel pain in my heart but it is a reminder of the love I shared with you.  I will still share that love with you as I pray every day.  My heart may be broken but it still loves.  I thank God every day and will continue to thank Him for blessing me with you.  I have no other words but thanks.  Thank you for being my daughter.  Thank you for being my baby girl.  Thank you for being my hero.  Thank you for being my Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I now?

 February 15, 2023   Interesting question.  It took me 6 years but I have finally found and joined a grief group.  Yep!  I don't really ...