Saturday, February 4, 2017



Bitterness.  I think this is the word I want to use. This week I have felt a little bitter.   I have prayed not to be bitter, but it has been a struggle this week.  I have prayed to be filled with God's patience and love.  I am taking time to be quiet.  This is really important for me because it's really hard for me, because my mind is like a race track.  

I started wondering if people think my life is easier, now that Maggie has passed away. I have even wondered if people see Maggie's passing less devastating than a "typical" or healthy child of her age.  This sounds terrible, but I have felt this for the last couple of weeks.  Why?  I don't know.

I started setting goals for myself.  I met one goal 2 weeks in a row.  Get myself out of bed and to work everyday.  Easier said than done, but I did it.  I am bitter because I have to fight to hold it together at work.  I am bitter at myself for crying at work.  I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable around me. I am bitter because I don't want to have to set these mini goals to get through the day.

I think I always battled the feeling of bitterness when doing day to day life with Maggie. For example,  I would become bitter when parents talked about birthday parties, sleepovers, or events their kiddos were invited too.  I hope I never showed this toward anyone, but I was a little bitter.  My feelings were hurt.  Maggie was awesome!  Who wouldn't want to be around her to celebrate or have fun? In Maggie's 16 years, she was invited to 1 birthday party of a classmate.  That was when she was in the 4th grade.  I was overjoyed!


So, what's the point?  Bitterness gets you nowhere.  I am aware of it.  I don't want it to consume me.  I will continue to ask God for guidance, strength and forgiveness. I will continue to try and spread kindness and love to people I encounter on a daily basis.  I will talk about Maggie, look at her pictures, and share my memories with people.
...Peace, love and happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Be brave my friend...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! You are amazing!!! And so was Mags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing - God is your strength and it is ok to "feel"... whatever. God is right beside you, holding you. Praying for you to feel His presence and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you all, for healing, for comfort, strength, peace, and for Grace.

    ReplyDelete

Where am I now?

 February 15, 2023   Interesting question.  It took me 6 years but I have finally found and joined a grief group.  Yep!  I don't really ...