Friday, January 27, 2017


1/27/17

What do I do with my time? My "Maggie" time?

   So, last time I wrote, I talked about how time affected me.  Now that Mags is gone, my use of time has changed.  I have begun to reach out to organizations that Maggie has been involved with or apart of over the last 16 years.  I still need to be connected to these organizations.  What are these? Well, you all know that Nationwide Children's Hospital has been a frequent hangout for our family.  Some may think, "Thank goodness, you don't have to go there anymore.  There are a lot of bad memories there."  Well, true. Here is the thing.  There are still people fighting for there kids.  Fighting for their kid's lives.  I want to help these families.  I will always be Maggie's voice.  I will always be Maggie's mom.  I need to continue sharing Maggie's love through helping others.

 Recently, I reached out to Children's about joining their Faculty as Family group and joining their advisory board. These are a couple of ways that parents can help staff.  I will probably be out of my league, but one of Mag's doctors said it may be a good way for me to continue advocating. So, I am ready to step out of my comfort zone and get involved at a different level.
I signed you to read to kiddos at Children's Hospital.  I am excited to do this too.  I am hoping that I get to ready with kiddos on the epilepsy ward.

Another organization that I signed up to volunteer for is Lifeline of Ohio.  If you don't know, Scott and I chose for Maggie to be a organ, tissue, and eye donor.  What better way to help others.  I am an organ donor. Scott is an organ donor.  We felt that Mag's would insist in organ and tissue donation.  Best decision.  Why?  We received a letter a few weeks back from Lifeline explaining how Maggie's cornea went to 2 men in New Zealand.  They can now see because of Maggie!  Wow! The gift of sight!  We will continue getting updates about how Maggie's donations are giving life.
So, I want to help spread the word that organ and tissue donation saves lives! I want to help educate people about this.  I think the gift of life is amazing! I am so overjoyed to think that Maggie is helping others see, learn, and live.

I feel that I did pretty well this week.  Everyday is hard, but I know that God is with me every step of the way.  He fills me up and leads me.  I start and end my day with Him.  It is part of my daily agenda. I am still, I listen, and I am thankful. I couldn't do this without Him.  So, right now I am focused on using this grief to help others.  This is what I hear from God.  I have faith and I am trying to do what He says.  What can you do?  Are you listening?

Please consider registering as a organ, tissue, and eye donor.  https://lifelineofohio.org/become-a-donor/how-to-register/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I now?

 February 15, 2023   Interesting question.  It took me 6 years but I have finally found and joined a grief group.  Yep!  I don't really ...