Friday, January 20, 2017

Time...

1/20/17

So, it's been a solid 2 months and yes, I am still counting.  I don't want to count but, I am. For 16 years, time controlled me.  I feel a little differently then I did with Dan and MK. I have learned to stop looking at the clock every 2-3 hours but, I moved to counting days. Days gone. 

Time is important to most of us.  We have to be at work at a certain time.  We have deadlines.  We have to meet a friend for lunch at a certain time.  Time, time time. 
I miss time.  I miss our snuggling time.  I miss our shopping time.  I miss our time on the swing listening to your dad play his guitar to us.  I miss time with you.
I don't want to screw up time either. I don't want to be sad.  I don't want to be mad.  I don't want to start crying in the middle of a professional development, a restaurant, or a store. 

Here's what I want.  I want people to love each other.  I want people to look for the good in each day.  I want people to look up, breathe deep, and say "thank you".  I want our educational system to see the importance in growing the whole child and not just the "perfect number". 
Maybe I am unrealistic but, I don't think I am.  I think if I spread love and happiness, then someone in turn will do the same.  Maggie did this.  She loved.  She loved with her eyes.  She loved with her everything she was.  
So, I guess what I need to say is take time to love more, love deep, and love often. Love the time you have and use it wisely.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me cry. And makes me determined. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared Maggie and her story with my new students and stressed to them the importance of love, kindness, and sharing happiness with everyone they come into contact with. Your family gives me hope that there are good, kind people out there. Be brave. ��

    ReplyDelete

Where am I now?

 February 15, 2023   Interesting question.  It took me 6 years but I have finally found and joined a grief group.  Yep!  I don't really ...